Friday, April 22, 2016

Enough is Enough: The start of change

Today has been a rough day, so I’ve decided to sit and gripe about it on the internet hoping to either reach someone who feels the same way or in the future to be able to look back on this time and smile cause it’s past me.

Found this on Women's Studies 240 group 

I have never been a person who has been in great shape. When I was “skinny” it was before puberty and ever since the boobies started showing my whole body started growing, except well my height cause I’ve been 5’2.5 since I was like 13… I’ve struggled with body image for as long as I can remember, sometimes it’s easier than others and right now I’m feel pretty terrible about myself and the way I look.

I want to start by holding myself accountable for the poor choices I make when I get hungry, or sad or bored or annoyed or anxious. I do eat “bad food” I don’t usually eat bad food constantly and even when I am on a heath kick I still manage to gain weight. I have been going to the gym more and doing more than cardio because I heard that helps. Now I don’t go that often, maybe like 2x a week. I really struggle with motivation when I still feel like a whale regardless of how hard I am trying.
Yesterday I bought Chinese food for dinner I only had a plate and I don’t see what’s so wrong about that. I don’t want to live my life on a diet.  But to feel comfortable in my own skin I’m starting to think I have to.

My mom has suggested seeing a doctor, maybe it is a thyroid problem and I am gaining weight because something is wrong. I also know water weight is a thing.  And I am a very dehydrated person so maybe my body really does hold in a lot of water and make me feel bloated. I honestly don’t know, I just feel hopeless.

Some days I feel like after I’ve worked out I feel “tighter” I feel like I’m making progress but on the scale I am heavier. It’s starting to scare me because I’m seeing numbers that horrify me. Maybe the scale is wrong and it’s gotten to my head. I know I’m not as fit as I should be so I am still going to work out. And once all the Chinese and junk is out of my house I’ll go to the store and buy a week’s worth of food, from frozen diet meals ( I know they contain a lot of sodium, so I promise to really up my water intake) to prepped dinners so I can’t just order out because “I have nothing to eat” I think convenience is a huge thing for me and dinner has been very inconvenient for me, which leads me to eating badly and at a time when I don’t know what’s wrong with my body I want to rule out bad diet being the reason why I can’t lose weight.

I feel like I should be honest with what I’ve eaten in a day and that will help hold me accountable for making a huge change and eating much better. I'm hoping that REALLLY changing my food intake will either help me lose weight or will rule out a poor diet being the reason I’m gaining.

I really just needed to moan, I know if I want to change I have to give it my all and not make any excuses but it’s easier said than done but I take control of my happiness regarding my body. Even if there are days I don’t eat as cleanly as I should. I’ll work out extra hard. This cycle unhappiness has to end and this post is the first step for me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Until next time,

Bexs

No comments:

Post a Comment