Thursday, December 10, 2015

St. Louis Weekend Getaway


Over the weekend, my boyfriend and I went on a weekend trip to St. Louis, Missouri. Now while it wouldn't have been my top trip choice, Jacob loves the St. Louis Rams (an NFL Football team for those of you who don't know) beer and sports in general, so to St. Louis we went!


 

 

Early Friday morning we arrived in St. Louis and went straight to our hotel, we are a bit worried about arriving so early since check-in wasn't until 3 p.m. but the lady at the front desk was really lovely and got us into a room which was amazing because we both need a nap!  After our nice long nap we headed off to the Anheuser-Busch factory for a Beer Tour! We arrived a bit early and had a quick bit to eat and a beer in the Bier-garten! The tour lasted a few hours and we got to go behind the scenes and see the beer being made, packaged and we even got to drink out of one of the stills. It was so much fun to see everything, if you're ever in the area or if you go somewhere where they have a factory, I highly recommend you go do it! After the tour, we found out they were having an after hours lights walk-through! They gave you 5 free beer samples while you walk around the campus! They also had a fire-pit and we roasted marshmallows, I did burn my finger but it was totally worth it!


On Saturday we slept in and then went to Bogarts which is a delicious BBQ place! I was a bad blogger and forgot to take photos of my Ribs but they were amazing! We then went for a walk at the Farmer Market and it was really nice even though I did get sick of walking around for 10 miles! Later that night we went to the Blue's game (the St. Louis NHL team) it was a lot of fun even though they lost! We spent the rest of the night walking in to bars and seeing the city at night. 

Sunday was the big day and really the whole reason we came! We woke up early and went to a pre-game tailgate which was super cool. After a few hours of drinks and breakfast we went to the game, drank beers and shopped at the gift shop. The Rams lost but we kinda new that was going to happen, it was a great time regardless.

I really enjoyed having a little weekend trip it was really fun getting to see St. Louis but it was also relaxing because we got to chill out and nap in our hotel room everyday which I loved!

Overall it was a great trip and I can't wait for our next adventure!

Leave me some trip ideas in the comments and let me know where your favorites weekend getaway spots are!

Until next time,
Bexs

Follow me on Instagram & Twitter @RebeccaAshBall

No comments:

Post a Comment