Friday, January 8, 2016

Wishes for 2016


I can’t believe the first week of 2016 is almost over! 2015 wasn’t a great year for me, I made some mistakes, but I learned a lot along the way. Life is funny that way when you think you’ve got a portion of your life all figured out… BAM a lesson in disguise comes you way and knows you on your butt.  Honestly only a few months of 2015 were terrible.. the rest were so, so.
At 23 (24 on Monday) I learned you don’t have to have your whole life mapped out right after college, it takes some people years to figure out what makes them happy and after thinking I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life since I was about 13, I learned I might not know what I REALLY want out of life. That’s part of the reason I started this blog, so I could write down my life experiences, talk about things I enjoy and document things that make me happy so that I can look back on 2016 and smile.

Now enough of my ramblings on life thus far and on to the future.  Here are my wishes for 2016
·         Love my job- I started a new job this week and I don’t want to go into it with an end goal like I usually do. I want to work hard, learn, do well and enjoy my day to day work life.
·         Be a great girlfriend- my boyfriend has put up with a lot over the years and this year I don’t want to be difficult. I want to be able to just enjoy each other, go on trips, dates and makes really great memories. He’s my best friend and I need to treat him the best I can because he deserves it.
·         Get healthy- now I know this is as cliché as they come but I honestly have to get a grip this year. After months for stress eating and being a sloth, I’ve vowed to finally get my body to a place where I am comfortable in a bathing suit, wearing tank and being in full body photos.
·         Make friends- I have lost touch with most of the people I was once close with, between schedules distance or what have you I have left myself pretty isolated. It’s harder to find friends once school is over… I need to make an effort to be sociable!
·         Try to be more organized- those who know me say I’m a messy person and I want that to change because though it usually doesn’t bother me when things are in my controlled chaos, I do hit a breaking point and have a cleaning meltdown. I’d like to avoid some of those this year with a little more efforts to tidy up!
·         Be better at make-up- the addiction to beauty is stronger than ever and with my ever-growing collection I want to be able to do make-up at a higher level.
·         Grow my blog- I have loved working on this for the past few months and I hope to continue to grow talk with other bloggers and make something out of this little “passion project.” Now that I am working I’ve decided that rather than rush content I am going to scale back my posting to once a week on Friday's.

That’s everything I wish for this year. Let me know in the comments what some of your wishes for 2016 are! Hope you’re having a great new year!

Until next time,
Bexs


Follow me on Instagram & Twitter @RebeccaAshBall

No comments:

Post a Comment